Our client is a highly profitable, international, publicly traded company. As they continue to grow, they are moving talent around within he Accounting & Finance departments. They are creating an Assistant Controller role to oversee the day to day accounting and financial reporting. This position will report directly to the VP Corporate Controller and will work and correspond with multiple domestic and international business partners.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the company's external reporting function, including but not limited to the preparation and filing SEC requirements and other regulatory and governmental filing requirements on a regular basis.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the overall organization; perform research and prepare accounting position papers on one-off and technical issues affecting the business; answer questions posed by the business related to any accounting matter.
- Establish Company policies and procedures consistent with the Company's objectives and provide training to ensure their execution. This includes actively managing and monitoring compliance with specific policies and processes such as revenue recognition, worker's compensation, product liability, securitization, and certain incentive plans.
- Meet finance operational standards by contributing information to forecasts and reviews, analyzing financial information, implementing process efficiencies and identifying systems improvements.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the external auditors to facilitate the audit process and ensure financial statement are in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide accounting oversight and serve as a point of contact, control, as it relates to the reporting of the company risk management.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience required
• CPA required
• Required minimum 3 years of Public Accounting experience; preferably at a Big 4 Public Accounting firm (mix of public and industry experience preferred)
• Strong knowledge of SEC Reporting (10Q, 10K), US GAAP and technical accounting issues required
• Experience leading initiatives and projects with cross functional teams in a highly complex, fast-paced environment required
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail with ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situations
• Experience in international organization a plus
• Experience working with a decentralized team of professionals in a matrix organization a plus
• Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)