Our client is a Toronto based quantitative finance research firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. They have engaged ROSS (www.getROSS.com) to search for a Junior and Senior C++ and Unix Programmer.
ROSS is a team of People Specialists helping companies align their People Strategy with their business growth. We provide contingency recruitment in addition to remote or onsite HR and Recruitment solutions such as Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Recruitment Augmentation.
Please note that working hours are 7am-5pm and are not flexible. However, there's no need to ever work from home (no remote access) and there's rarely overtime above this 50 hour work week. Our client pays extraordinarily high salaries instead!
In this role, you will work with a small but demanding group of technical and non-technical users. We are looking for a talented C/C++/Linux X Window programmer to work on components of our trading systems – enhancing the existing systems, developing real-time GUI displays and directly supporting technical and non-technical users.
- Work with distributed multithreaded systems with a strong emphasis on performance and latency.
- Develop real-time, X Window GUI displays for financial trading systems.
- New development and enhancement of existing systems.
- Design, code and test new applications ensuring correctness.
- Work closely with analysts and other groups to provide software solutions.
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience. IT related education is preferred.
- Server side C/C++ programming experience with LINUX.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Sybase, Tibco/Rv, Wombat and other various third party solutions is a plus.
- Multithreaded applications preferred but not required.
If you're not interested, but know someone who is; please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a $1,000 referral fee. Click http://www.getROSS.com/referral_fee.php for more details.
Click here to apply online