The company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team! The mechanical engineer provides sound engineering principles in design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation (by analytical or other means) for equipment in nuclear safety-related projects. Mechanical Engineers produce accurate and technically proficient mechanical and electromechanical equipment designs to support custom solutions for operating issues within a nuclear station or other nuclear-operated facilities.
- Identifies and analyzes project requirements to evaluate project needs accurately.
- Ability to read and understand the design/industry specifications and technical drawings.
- Compiles and reviews are existing mechanical designs and specifications for purchasing or fabrication.
- Collect basic information about materials or equipment for projects.
- Preparation of Bills of Materials and purchase orders for material
- Evaluate and provide feedback to proposals, quotes, and bids from vendors in support of the sales organization.
- Selects vendors to purchase products; visit vendor facilities to conduct inspections, audits, or performance reviews and ensure that required standards are met.
- Writes and coordinates test plans and test reports.
- Performs engineering calculations as necessary to support critical design or analysis of equipment.
- The technical execution of projects/orders and coordinating with the Business Segment Team and supporting engineering staff.
- Technical oversight of all related shop work, project deliverables, and associated submittals to customers.
- Produces designs and layouts for mechanical systems/equipment.
- Reports status of activities timely and accurately. Establish and communicate estimated delivery dates of materials or equipment.
- Meets project timeline and scheduled due dates.
- Maintains complete, updated, and accurate project files that contain all appropriate engineering elements of the project.
- Identify and resolve non-conformances to contractual or industry requirements.
- Assist other Engineers and Project Managers when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Experience in nuclear or a related field is a plus.
- Experience with ASME Section III, HVAC, or design for fabrication will be strongly considered.
- Professional Engineer license (state issued) recommended but not required.
- Must have professional-level knowledge of Solid Works or other similar CAD software, ANSYS, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) 3-D modeling.
- Must have technical, analytical, communication, and time management skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage your daily work based on the priority of multiple projects.
- In-depth mathematical knowledge; of algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- You are expected to have strong problem-solving skills, capable of coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes or products within the bounds of quality and industry regulations.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written. A strong candidate must be able to communicate with any levels and groups within the organization and shall be able to do so while maintaining business professionalism.
- Occasional travel required; up to 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.
Click here to apply online