This company provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Their employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. The culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
They are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. They are pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
This company is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist to join its collaborative team in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose, CA. This individual will serve a key function in site exploration activities including, but not limited to contaminated site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing, and evaluation; and report preparation. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities working in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform field inspections and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, gas, groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Science, or Geology;
- Prior relevant internship or professional work experience;
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- Professional licensure or certification preferred: EIT, GIT;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Willingness and ability to work in the field up to 50% of the time;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends, when needed; and availability to work overtime as needed.
- Local candidates preferred.
The company is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. They provide a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Their comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
They offer flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!