HAVE AN ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME IN HEALTHCARE!
“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Relief Pharmacy Assistant to provide relief and training support for our various pharmacies located in NWT, NU, SK, MB and ON. Bring your community-focused care and pharmaceutical skills to NWC. In your role as the Relief Pharmacy Assistant, you will support the Pharmacy Operations through accurate and efficient preparation and distribution of medication, prescription data entry, inventory management, dispensary maintenance and excellence in customer service. This role travels as required to all of our pharmacies to provide both relief coverage as well as training and onboarding for new staff.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Travel to communities where NWC operates pharmacies to provide relief coverage and/or training is a requirement of this position.
- Receive prescriptions from patients and/or from fax machine, reviewing for completeness;
- Ask patients about third party coverage, allergies, health conditions, other medications, and other relevant information;
- Accurately and efficiently interpret and enter prescriptions into pharmacy software;
- Independently complete prescription claims adjudication and troubleshoot billing errors;
- Accurately and efficiently prepare prescriptions, consisting of retrieving, counting, compounding and labelling of medications into proper containers, including compliance packaging where appropriate;
- Prioritize prescription orders for verification by Pharmacist or Registered Technician;
- Effectively organize compliance packaging clients for efficient processing and preparation to remote distribution services;
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date patient profiles;
- Maintain appropriate levels of Rx and supply inventory, ordering from preferred suppliers based on business needs and delivery schedule;
- Receive orders and rotate stock in accordance with SOPs;
- Deliver excellence in customer service, including prompt and courteous greeting of customers in-person or on telephone; and,
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certification from a College/On-line Pharmacy Technician school is considered an asset;
- Previous pharmacy experience in a high-volume dispensary;
- Experience with report generation; and able to prepare receipts, invoices, letters and memos, and general filling;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Thorough capability with all aspects of Pharmacy Software Programs, including prescription entry and inventory management (Kroll – asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for the purpose of interpreting prescriptions, completing required documentation, and providing customer service;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience with compliance packaging and familiarity with NIHB pharmacy provider requirements an asset; and,
- Must be able to travel throughout the year and be in remote communities for several weeks at a time.
- Must have full driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Due to provincial and territorial mandates, this role requires full COVID-19 vaccination status to be eligible.
Location: Northern Canada
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.