The Compliance Manager is responsible for bringing forward new insights about how to continually improve and evolve our approach. This role requires extensive communication and coordination with our internal stakeholders, joint venture partners and reports directly to Managing Partner. The candidate must research new and existing laws, regulations, policies, and industry standards and identify existing and emerging business practice issues and risks of company. In addition, provide guidance to and partners with internal departments for implementation of new compliance requirements.
- Compliance Experience – Must have experience (minimum 5 years) monitoring and renewing all state and local title production licenses for multi-state – entity and individual. Must file appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies (i.e data calls). Monitor, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Communication – Act as company Liaison with title agency representatives for title insurance forms and agreements. Communicate updates and changes of Agency bulletins. Speaks effectively in individual or group situations. Ability to build positive working relationships, interact effectively and proactively with individuals at all levels in the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Business/Interpersonal Skills – Ability and willingness to make timely decisions exercising sound and accurate business judgment. Strong negotiation skills, exhibit high energy, self-motivation and initiative in timely completion of defined goals and activities, and ability to build quality customer and client relationships.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely, objective and confidential manner. Analyzes problems and information skillfully; uses logic and good judgment to reach solutions.
- Quality management—Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and quality.
- Planning/Organization – Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Technical Skills – Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and reporting requirements (i.e. FinCEN, 1099-S, FIRPTA, Indiana RREAL).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, or a related field from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Minimum 5+ years of compliance, audit and / or related experience in related work which includes management, real estate transaction and title insurance experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience using Resware, DataTrace/DataTree, TitlePoint, Resware and related software preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Employees are offered comprehensive suite of benefits that include a generous Paid Time Off plan, Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life Insurance. Compensation will commensurate with experience.