Work that rewards you.
The Alaska Commercial Company currently has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across the North. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With The Alaska Commercial Company, you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and to explore the beauty and the culture of the communities in which we live and work.
The Alaska Commercial Company offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Allowances for both food and accommodation
- Paid training
Bakery/Deli Department Managers play an important role in the day-to-day operations within the Department, which provides valuable service to the community and its people.
- Ensure merchandise is presented to achieve maximum sales/profits and follow correct stock rotation;
- Resolve customer concerns, inquiries, and requests, with customer service as your priority;
- Maintain extreme cleanliness, including product prep areas, merchandise cases, tables, and shelves.
- Ensure production, finishing, packaging, and displaying bakery products in merchandise cases, on Euro tables, bakery racks, and bulk bins is completed by staff in a timely fashion;
- Oversee correct cost landing of all invoices and adjust retail prices to maintain gross profit margins;
- Supervise, train, and schedule staff as required;
- Use Daily Production Breakout Sheets and follow up on over and under production issues;
- Ensure displays are as per marketing programs;
- Prepare ready-to-bake bakery products according to company guidelines; and
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and productivity are maintained.
Skills and Qualifications:
We’re looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- Strong customer service skills;
- Record of bottom line and sales results in previous roles;
- Knowledge of food supply industry and experience with managing supply chains;
- 3+ years of management experience in retail;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, both verbally and written;
- Computer knowledge of Excel and Outlook;
- Strong knowledge of operating principles;
- Ability to work with confidential information;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills; and
- Keen attention to detail and customer driven.
Location: Bethel, AK
Reports to: Bakery/Deli Manager
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO RURAL REGIONS OF ALASKA. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR ALASKA COMMUNITIES, RELOCATED EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14 DAY ISOLATION PERIOD.
ACC is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was truly more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then-owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: alaskacommercial.com.