Looking for a company that you can call home and have opportunities to grow? Here at Estudillo Oral Surgery & Implantology, we pride ourselves on guiding our staff in the right direction to not only learn but also get hands-on training to move forward within the company.
Your new career awaits you...
Surgical Assistant (Oral) Job Description: https://www.estudillooralsurgery.net/
We are looking for a diligent oral surgery assistant to support our oral surgeon before, during, and after each dental procedure. Your responsibilities will include taking X-rays, preparing surgical equipment, and tending to patients. You will also be required to monitor inventory levels and replenish our dental supplies, as needed.
To be successful as an oral surgery assistant, you should be highly organized and attentive to patients' needs. An outstanding oral surgery assistant should have an excellent understanding of oral surgery procedures and exceptional hand-eye coordination.
* Will accept and train those with little experience as a medical assistant or dental assistant *
Surgical Assistant (Oral) Responsibilities:
- Performing administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling, charting and filing.
- Preparing patient charts, recording treatment plans, and updating dental records.
- Operating X-ray and 3D scanning equipment and developing radiographs for diagnostic purposes.
- Preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments, materials, and equipment in accordance with infection control and biohazard protocols.
- Assisting the surgeon with all chairside procedures including operatory setup, anesthesia administration, and cleanup.
- Preparing patients for surgery and monitoring vital signs during procedures.
- Providing patients with information on oral health care, treatment plans, and postoperative outcomes.
- Monitoring our stock of surgical supplies and medication and replenishing these, as needed.
- Ensuring that instruments and equipment are effectively maintained.
- Providing excellent patient care at all times.
Surgical Assistant (Oral) Requirements:
- Surgical or Dental Assistant certification.
- Sound knowledge of how to use surgical equipment, instruments, and materials.
- A good understanding of surgical techniques, chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols.
- An excellent understanding of dental records, charts, and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent patient care, even under stressful circumstances.
- Consistent professionalism in appearance and attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Leandro, CA 94577: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Certified Dental Assistant (Preferred)
- Registered Dental Assistant (Preferred)
- X-Ray Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location