“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company's Pharmacy division is looking for enthusiastic, innovative Registered Pharmacy Technician who is dedicated to excellence in patient-centered, outcome-focused care.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to Moosonee, ON. You receive a competitive salary, benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, ability to bank what you earn, and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician provides excellence in patient-centered, outcomes-focused care by ensuring patient safety and accuracy and quality of product preparation and release. The Pharmacy Technician will collaborate with the pharmacist(s) in the promotion of wellness, disease prevention, and chronic disease management.
Always in compliance with federal and provincial regulatory laws:
- Ensuring the accuracy of drug and personal health information in the patient record;
- Ensuring that a prescription is complete and authentic;
- Fill prescriptions;
- Ensuring the accuracy of the drug preparation;
- Performing the final check of the drug preparation;
- Perform computer functions;
- Third Party reconciliation;
- Maintain inventory control; and,
- Maintain supplies and clerical organization.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with Provincial Licensing College;
- Successful completion of PEBC Qualifying exam (written and practical);
- Successful completion of Provincial Jurisprudence exam;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate in English; and,
- Experience with Pharmacy software programs (Kroll).
Location: Moosonee, ON
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.