A steel manufacturer who is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products has an immediate need for a Power Engineer.
The Power Engineer will assist in planning, designing, and implementing Maintenance and/or Engineering projects within the plant as they relate to achieving 100% reliability of the plant’s power distribution system, rotating equipment, and air compressors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the plant power distribution system including: AC systems (utilizing 138kV, 34.5kV, 25kV, 13.8kV, 6.9kV, 4.16kV, 2.3kV, 480V, 230V) and DC systems (rated at 750VDC and 250VDC), plant rotating equipment, and air compressors.
- Manage and coordinate Power Department and/or contracted personnel in Maintenance and Engineering projects and outages.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for equipment and materials to be installed in the power distribution system with a focus on improving cost and time efficiency.
- Inspect and test completed installations for safety standards as well as conformance with design and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for Power department's documentation involving safety, quality, environmental and maintenance.
- Respond to all calls regarding power outages, equipment failures, and production delays. Locate the resources required to return equipment to operational condition.
- Utilize planned outages and scheduled production downturns to perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience with AC and DC systems, rotating equipment, compressed air systems, rectifiers, and electrical/electronic standards
- 2+ years industrial power distribution experience
- Experience in a union environment