The Marketing Manager is accountable to provide strategic marketing oversight for Cost U Less (CUL) including but not limited to banner brand management, advertising, promotional activity, loyalty programs and customer communications. This role is accountable for leading a marketing team and developing them to deliver on the brand strategy.
Joining The North West Company International (NWCI) gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWCI is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to ensure banner strategies are delivered to the markets.
- Build Brand Management
- Build consumer affinity/loyalty to banner brand utilizing all elements of the marketing mix
- Represent the “Customer Voice” within NWCI, advocating for customer centricity in all that is done in and out of store
- Develop annual marketing calendar leveraging customer insight, seasonal events, pay dates and unique local community influences and holidays
- Build promotional plans leveraging income distribution, combatting competitive threats and support value perception amongst customers
- Oversees competitive markets advertised pricing activity and share competitive flyer information with P & M
- Manages promotional activity for Grand Opening, Customer Appreciation and special events
- Develop and improve marketing and advertising processes.
- Create Digital Branding Strategy for CUL
- Promotional Program Management
- Maintain ad theme calendar and store participation for CUL
- Create, change and manage templates for the category teams to plan and submit items for all promotional vehicles
- Manages the flow of information for flyers to all process owners and stores for CUL
- Oversees flyer proofing to ensure that standards and quality are maintained
- Chair weekly flyer meetings forum and agenda
- Creates and maintains work back/planning schedules with regards to Advertising, Selling Events, and local festivals
- Monitor promotional vehicle effectiveness, making recommendations to improve overall performance; complete monthly promotional program analysis with insights and recommendations, complete in-depth post-mortems on all key promotions
- Collaborate with Pricing Manager on promotional strategy tactics and analytics
- Communicates with Procurement & Marketing teams in order to achieve alignment of Food & General Merchandise marketing program messages in the stores including cross promotions and reviewing store ad zones
- Execute and manage promotional activities including online website offers and customer loyalty
- Oversee effective communication of promotional and merchandising calendar activities to the Operations teams including stores
- Oversee publishing of Merchandising notes for CUL
- Conduct quarterly Marketing Calendar Review meetings aligning business priorities with seasonal and customer centric events
- Manage content creation for multi-media platforms such as social media and video for banner brands and corporate initiatives
- Writes, directs and produces videos for weekly and annual meetings, Grand Openings, and Website updates
- Oversee Social media editorial calendar content creation ensuring best practices are adhered to
- Manage all loyalty programs implementation and execution, including all direct to consumer email communications
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field or a combination of five years or more of relevant work experience in marketing and promotions
- Experience in digital marketing
- Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Retail or food industry experience a plus
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments while adhering to strict timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Work well in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Experience writing and directing video scripts a plus
- Experience working in an advertising environment a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships within the organization.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong time management
- High aptitude and resolve to achieve goals
- Ability to manage and lead process definition and implementations
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and influence senior management
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments
- Ability to successfully manage multiple streams simultaneously
- This is an office position that involves working at a desk on the computer 85% of the time. This role will also attend meetings as required. There are no physical demands to this position.
- Travel to CUL store markets 15% of the time
Location: Boca Raton, FLReports to: Vice President of Procurement & Marketing, Cost U Less
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor. This position adheres to the Corporate Job Posting Guidelines.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.