Sr. Audio-Visual Project Manager
LOCATION: East Coast
REPORTS TO: Director of East Coast Operations
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Remote/Hybrid)
A Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the scope, schedule, cost, quality, and client satisfaction of a project throughout its entire lifecycle, from Initiating through Closing phases. However, the PM depends on the help of other people to perform most of the actual activities of the project. A project managers role is primarily focused around written and verbal communication to all project stakeholders.
The PM is responsible for overseeing, and performing project management functions on all AVE projects, budgets, and scopes. The PM will act as the responsible person on their assigned projects and have direct control over all project activities.
The Senior Project Manager will also mentor other Project Managers with the company. The SPM will be assigned the largest, most complex, and sensitive Audio-Visual projects. This position will be providing direction to a wide range of internal and external personnel.
- Daily activities include project communications, scheduling, task lists for technicians, managing deliverables from engineering, CAD and Programming and overseeing the completion of projects. The PM is responsible for completing systems integration projects on time, on budget and achieving high customer satisfaction from our customers. The majority of employee's time will be spent managing projects and communicating with all project stakeholders. This person will be held accountable for following and helping to improve the established processes.
- As the primary interface to the client, the project manager develops a strong long-term relationship. Managing the client relationship, including expectations, communications, and satisfaction.
- Provides support and assistance to Audio Visual team members as needed in order help them be successful and get the job done.
- Ensures appropriate and frequent communication between stakeholders.
- Resolves destructive conflict.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams with regards to AVE installation projects
- Establishes and maintains communication with Account Executives, Directors, installation technicians, subcontractors, clients, etc.
- May be required to regularly lead a team on large projects.
- Develops and communicates project updates as required.
- Provides constant monitoring of labor, equipment, and materials budgets.
- Provides and/or directs technical and administrative support to project team members.
- Develops and maintains all related project schedules.
- Performs field verification of prospective work site. Documents all issues with site and keeps everyone informed of potential issues and solutions.
- Coordinates all drawings and documentation between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates all system programming and final checkout of systems. Provides punch-list of remaining tasks after substantial completion.
- Contracts with contractors and other trades when necessary.
- Monitors status of projects including cost, timing, and staffing to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Ensures quality and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates training & turnover of projects to client, service department, & sales.
- 70-80% of this position is remote work, with 20%-30% travel to customer sites.
- A PMP certification from the Project Management Institute.
- AVIXA CTS certification
- Other relevant certifications may be required or preferred based on the technology focus of the position.