This person will play a critical role in delivering successful solutions by partnering with business and technology groups to elicit requirements and manage the design and development and continuous improvement of assigned business applications. Business Intelligence analysts should have a solid understanding of business functional areas, business management issues and data analysis. The Business Intelligence Analyst will assess and recommend new capabilities to meet Company reporting and data needs for metrics, analysis and decision support. This is primarily an onsite position in Chicago within walking distance of the train stations. Travel is a possibility but would be infrequent if at all.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Designing, building and administering Online Analytical Processing applications to provide data analytic capabilities and support Company decision making process. Designing data warehouses and multidimensional and tabular models based on defined business needs and understanding of Company data and business functions. Designing Performance Management applications using Key Performance Indicator, scorecards and dashboards. Presenting Data using various data visualization tools.
- Designing, building and administering SSRS Reports to support various Company departments (Production, Sales, Finance/Accounting and Customer Service…) based on defined business needs and understanding of Company data and business functions.
- Developing complex SSIS packages for Data Acquisition, Migration and Integration. Developing and supporting SSIS packages and complex stored procedures to facilitate Company core application integration with peripheral systems.
- Providing SQL database support for business applications including full systems lifecycle of assigned applications and associated database services. Coordinate projects and development work with application support staff, developers, project managers and end users to understand the functional requirements for information maintained in supporting databases
- Perform SQL data administrative tasks necessary to maintain service availability, responsiveness and data integrity. Take ownership of and work assigned trouble tickets and service requests through resolution. Maintain documentation for change events, reported problems, corrective actions and root cause analysis to track service levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Proficient in: SQL Server 2016+, Visual Studio 2015+, and Microsoft Office Suite
- SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (Required)
- T-SQL, DAX, Tabular Models (Required)
- PowerBI Suite, Scribe (Preferred)
- 3rd Party BI / Visualization Tools: Tableau, QlikView, etc. (Preferred)
- 3+ years of work experience in business intelligence, data analysis and reporting
- Business Analyst experience and skills with SQL Development and Business Intelligence reporting, analytics and visualization. Server database environments including core Database Administration, Replication, Integration and Reporting.
- Extensive experience in creating, maintaining, and deploying ETL solutions using SSIS from multiple disparate source systems.
- Experience designing and using SSIS execution framework capabilities to administer running packages. Experience in SQL Optimization using SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Query Execution Plans. Good knowledge of Data Modeling and Data Warehousing, including Star and Snowflake schema, dimension and fact tables.
- Extensive experience in writing detailed requirements of user needs.
Compensation And Benefits
Bonus potential, Health and Dental benefits on DAY OF HIRE, 401(k), Profit Sharing plan, free parking
Sponsorship is not an option with this position.