Fresh Start Careers, LLC are seeking an estimator in the Princeton / Central NJ area for an award-winning mid-Atlantic construction firm with full-service CM / GC / design-build capabilities that is growing in the region. This position is responsible for evaluating specifications and drawings, and successfully estimating the cost of the project. The Estimator will work closely with internal and external project management teams to ensure the success of the project.
- Provides estimating services which include conceptual, schematic, design development & construction level estimates.
- Acquires competitive bid work.
- Performs Preconstruction Services.
- Develops and/or understands the full parameters of the project scope.
- Performs bidding and estimating project lead tasks.
- Achieves consensus (with customers and /or operations team) relative to the project scope.
- Fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers, sub-contractors, and design
- Assists in the development of owner contracts as required.
- Assists in value engineering.
- Executes the buyout process for successful lump sum bids.
- Negotiates pricing.
- Supports Marketing and Business Development in the acquisition of negotiated work.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field
- Conceptual estimating experience
- Knowledge of estimating processes, technology and related software
- Thorough understanding of trades, scopes, timelines, scheduling/sequencing of work
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with Subcontractors
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task projects simultaneously.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt