Prime Electric Inc., located in San Jose, CA is a Union commercial electrical contractor serving the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Prime Electric is rapidly growing and becoming one of the premier electrical contractors in the Bay Area and is searching for the right candidate to join our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development. This is an immediate full-time opening.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable Administration role with a Construction Contractor (prime or sub)
- 10-key by touch. Must be extremely quick and accurate for this high-volume role.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively, professionally, and diplomatically interface at all levels (subcontractors, peers, Foremen, Managers, & Executives)
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, hard-working, performance-driven
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Products
- Vista by Viewpoint Software experience a plus
- Full-cycle Accounts Payable, including invoice entry into accounting system, p.o. reconciliation, payment selection preparation for CAO review, and weekly check runs.
- Credit card reconciliation and payment
- Generate and distribute A/P reports
- Maintain accurate vendor records, review and reconcile vendor statements, respond to vendor inquiries
- Compile and process annual 1099 tax filings
- Filing, scanning, and indexing into company imaging software
- Other duties as assigned
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; no premium cost to employee
- Life and Disability Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Program / Profit Sharing / Discretionary Bonus
- Wellness Program which includes health club reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Benefit, Legal Benefit
- Paid Holidays & PTO Package
*Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept resume referrals from any agencies.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.