Must be able to travel extensively to remote and rural communities in difficult-to-reach markets in the Northernmost regions of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
Five things you need to know about being a Traveling Relief Store Manager:
- Typical Assignment Length: An assignment can vary in length from several weeks to multiple months and may be required to travel from one assignment to the next location.
- Accountabilities: Relief managers are critical of the store management team. They are responsible for handling all of the store operations, ensuring they run successfully when filling in for vacancies, filling in for vacations or during emergency leaves of absence.
- Flexibility: Our relief managers enjoy the variety provided by working in different locations and being flexible on when their work schedules change. They are extremely resilient and adaptable because they experience a wide variety of cultures, store sizes and conditions, employee skill levels, community engagement levels, and competition in each of the assigned work location;
- Training: Prior to your first relief assignment you will be trained in the same way as all other store management to ensure we give you the tools and training to do your job effectively and feel part of the team;
- Compensation & Benefits: You will receive a competitive salary as well as an annual bonus. We will provide food and housing during each of your relief assignments and a comprehensive benefits plan
Retail Store Managers at The North West Company (NWC) are an integral part of our retail store leadership team. They have the ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion in temporary locations, quickly, to support the store team to achieve results and delivery of positive community relationships. If you are willing to leverage your enterprising spirit to ensure consistency of service and leadership in ever-changing environments, then this opportunity is for you!
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 2- 5 years’ experience as a Store Manager or General Manager in a high volume grocery and/or retail environment;
- You thrive on constant change and would enjoy the mystery of not knowing where you will be assigned next;
- You are excited by the challenge of helping a location by quickly making an impact but then moving onto your next assignment;
- You have demonstrated the ability to adjust to thrive in new situations where you do not have a network;
- You’re happy to take on responsibility as a good leader and remain calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
- Experienced in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- Your approachable demeanor makes you a fantastic team leader and mentor;
- You effectively prioritize duties and pay close attention to detail, aiding your strength in overseeing stock control and receiving orders;
- You’re innovative, creative and dynamic with high levels of enthusiasm to succeed, strengthening your ability to communicate at all levels;
- You drive a culture that empowers your colleagues to strive for excellence for their customers, and you adapt to change to diversity on the fly; and
- You’re a role model to your colleagues and community.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.