- Preparation or review of the planning documents ensuring compliance with the Firm’s risk based approach to engagements;
- Delegate sections of the file to staff members based on their knowledge, experience and ongoing professional development need;
- Ensures staff are properly supervised during completion of each procedure, section or file prior to commencing work; review the accuracy of work completed by junior and senior team members;
- Lead in-house technical training sessions for junior staff members;
- Supervise the training of staff and provide guidance and direction to staff, as well as to give constructive feedback of their working papers;
- Review working paper files for each engagement completed by staff and ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures, and GAAS, if applicable;
- Ensure that all queries and outstanding points have been resolved satisfactorily prior to review by the Director and/or Partner;
- Advise Director and/or Partner of any significant issues or engagement findings, along with recommendations for their resolution;
- Review and amend as necessary the financial statements, notes, attached schedules, management letters, and any other documents to be issued to the client;
- Mentor and coach professional staff throughout the year and provide support and development to advance their careers.
- 6+ years of public accounting experience, with a focus on audit
- Completion of a University Accounting degree
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Thorough understanding and experience working with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE
- Experience leading and coaching a team.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Audit Manager, in a public accounting firm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with external clients.
- Possess strong file management skills and organization, able to manage multiple engagements simultaneously
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Quickbooks, Caseware, Jazz-it, Tax Prep and Simply Accounting