SAP BI/BW/HANA Developer will play a key role that may span a broad range of systems, providing subject matter expertise and technical direction; working closely with business users, BAs, PMs and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis, design and development of quality technical solutions that are aligned with the business and IT strategies, and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards; and application analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement, and also involved in complex support issues.
We are a company of passionate people that think big, think differently, avoid complacency, and do the right thing for our members and require the right person that shares these values. The position is currently located at our client headquarters on Staten Island but will be re-locating to New Jersey in 2020. JOB DESCRIPTION
Hands-on experience working with SAP BW powered by HANA, custom SAP BW Extractors, complex transformations, advanced DSOs, composite providers, exposing BW models as HANA views, mixed scenarios, HANA Analysis process in BW and performance optimization concepts.
Hands on experience in working on BW/4 HANA
Highly skilled in developing data models in BW
Experience integrating BW with various SAP and Non SAP backend systems/sources of data including Point of Sale (POS)
Understanding of BOBJ Data Services for integration a plus
Skills in S/4 Embedded Analytics is a plus
Simplify data modeling and administration
Capable of recommending and carrying out performance tuning of the HANA models
Experience in various SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) tools such as WEBI, Design Studio, AOLAP, Lumira and developing reports/analytics
Experience in migrating historical data
Full life cycle development experience from design through implementation and production support
Proficient with BW specific security concepts around roles and Privileges.
Skilled and experienced in interpreting functional requirements, capturing and documenting non-functional requirements and documenting technical requirements,
Experienced in defining and documenting the overall architecture and data models
Proficient in preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals
Strong Techno Functional Knowledge in various modules of S/4
Possess advanced ABAP skills and ability to quickly turn around time-dependent modifications
Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
SAP ERP Project
- Responsible for achieving objectives and deliverables for their area
- Ensures team deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to project standards and quality
- Provides process knowledge as input to business process designs
- Attends workshops as needed and participates actively
- Actively participates in development scoping activities
- Assists in creation of Testing Script Creation and Execution for all cycles including UAT and defect resolution
- Understands all data system integrations from SAP to Point of Sale and Scale Management
- Assist in development and execution of user training
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or business related field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Has 8 to 10 years of SAP BW experience as Developer
- Retail or Grocery experience a big plus.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Experience working in a fast changing retail environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience delivering Proof of Concepts
- Knowledge of all phase of SDLC and full life cycle implementations
- Provide, drive, and own model development from simple to high complexity with best practices and performance considerations.
- Experienced in analyzing large volume of data
- Demonstrated experience with creating detailed testing scenarios and scripting to be performed to ensure quality implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with co-op and store members and colleagues at all levels of organization, multi-lingual a plus
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose incident root cause and take corrective action to resolve in addition to preventative measures in the future.
- Analyze, design, code and test break/fix requests and enhancements to analytic dashboard solutions
- Supervise, train, or evaluate team members as needed to ensure a high level of performance and productivity within the team.