Our client is looking for a Cloud Architect for their real-time AWS streaming platform. This is a rapidly expanding end-to-end cloud IoT platform that was started within the past couple years and is responsible for collecting data on the performance status of industrial equipment. The team is a growing hardware/software innovations group combining deep engineering knowledge with the best of software engineering and data science. The position involves hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure and, because it is a smaller team, versatility and willingness to wear multiple hats is highly valued. The client location is near to both Ogilvie and Union stations.
- Architect and build infrastructure for a complex, end-to-end, real-time streaming IoT platform environment using AWS infrastructure.
- Responsible for design, scalability, automation, security and performance of a highly-available, real-time cloud environment with large volumes of data and growing by 1TB per month on average. This includes:
- Auto scaling
- Capacity planning and monitoring of cloud storage
- Load balancing and clustering of Spark and Kafka environment
- Virtual Private Cloud Security
- Implement best practices, train other team members and investigate new technologies to meet performance requirements
- Perform feasibility studies
- Design and implement prototypes for early / usability testing.
- Champion security by design.
- Participate in design and automation of cloud deployment architecture and CI/CD process for microservices applications technology stack
- Work closely with scrum software development teams to actively identify & resolve quality issues throughout development.
- Proven, recent experience building a scalable, secure, highly-available, real-time cloud environment
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services and hands-on experience in AWS provisioning.
- Experience with cloud environments and experience with competency in AWS infrastructure, EC2, EMR
- Containerization experience, ideally with Kubernetes
- Experience working with a real-time messaging environment, ideally with exposure to Kafka but other messaging experience is acceptable
- Experience managing NoSQL databases (ideally mongoDB)
- Experience with deployment automation - CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of Cloud-based application deployment architectures including experience with Microservices
- Experience with Virtual Private Cloud security.
- Ability to help identify and implement best practices
- Experience with Jenkins or Maven, Git/version control