Our client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit a Senior Software Project Manager. They're located in North Toronto (GTA)
- Perm OR 1-Year Contract with a high probability of renewal
- You Must come from a Software Development Background (not infrastructure)
- Manage multiple small, nimble and effective software project teams to develop Windows-based applications using C# and .Net for our client’s sophisticated instruments.
- Cross-functional project teams, geographically distributed within North America, typically consist of 4-8 people including: software developers, software testers, technical writers, domain experts, etc.
- Work with the team to create a project plan (schedule and budget) and monitor progress against the plan.
- Establish and maintain thorough understanding of the product development lifecycle process and related tools. Use understanding to complete project management related accomplishments and to ensure other team members follow the process and complete their deliverables.
- Communicate project status to management and other stakeholders via presentations, and project tracking tools.
- Facilitate the resolution of project issues and help remove obstacles that impede progress.
- Support leads in other functional areas in their management of small software projects.
- Software Development Background
- Exceptional English communication & presentation skills
- Experience managing software development projects (3+ years)
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience managing geographically-distributed teams
- Experience/knowledge of agile software development processes (e.g. eXtreme Programming)
- Good team building skills - creating a sense of team driven by common goals, motivation, facilitation, conflict resolution.
- Ability to set & track project budgets, schedules, deliverables, etc.
- Comfortable managing with uncertainty and managing the "white space"
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A Bio/Life Sciences background is highly beneficial
- PMP certification is beneficial
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them and earning yourself a $1,000 referral fee!
Click here to Apply Online