The Microservices Software Architect will work within the global Digital Technology Services organization. They will provide critical thought leadership and direction across the client’s global businesses, and they will be responsible for translating complex problems into elegant solutions and shaping business technology strategies.
This person will architect and implement cutting edge technology solutions, mentor engineers and will act as an evangelist in technology architectures and how to apply them. They will be a key influencer of next-generation of Microservices, API, Data, and Cloud Computing technology platforms.
- Lead technical projects with a range of product teams to architect, build, design, and scale next-generation technology platforms.
- Design and develop complex event driven systems, with DDD/BDD workflows
- Actively participate in event storming or similar methodology to determine impacted Service candidate for business initiatives
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools. Set goals, strategies, and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple technologies.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of software engineering, cloud technologies and data engineering, to define target architectures, patterns and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of engineering teams, working closely with architects and business leaders.
- Lead tool and technology selection. Drive standardization and reuse of industry leading technology across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree preferred
- +10 years of Software Engineering experience. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications.
- Expert in design, development, and deployment of highly scalable APIs
- Experience with contemporary data engineering development practices
- Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture, event driven architectures and messaging systems, and in domain driven design.
- Hands on experience with one of the public clouds, such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft.
- Advanced-level knowledge of 3 or more of the following technologies: mobile/web frameworks, hybrid cloud, security and privacy, IoT, event streaming, AI/machine learning, RDBMS, NoSQL, microservices, containerization, APIs, SOA, and/or messaging
- Extensive experience across all software engineering disciplines; architecture, cyber security, quality engineering, site reliability engineering, data engineering
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) retirement savings with a very generous company match
- Generous PTO plan
- Pension eligible
- Training and career development including tuition assistance
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Additional Benefit(s) for this role:
- Restricted Stock Option eligible position
Some travel may be required