Shift: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (8:30 PM to 7:00 AM)
Status: Regular Part-time
In your role as General Warehouse Person - Grocery Selector, Nights, at The North West Company (NWC), you’re an integral part of our warehouse operations and activities. Your work ensures an increase in efficiency and profitability to increase satisfaction amongst our customers.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Pick grocery items according to store orders;
- Operate appropriate powered equipment to pick or stock items;
- Use hand-held scan guns to receive orders and pick products as directed;
- Label products as orders direct;
- Build and organize products to fill orders and stage in designated areas;
- Fulfill order-picking tasks as assigned;
- Use trolley to fill re-pack orders;
- Assist in maintaining proper departmental housekeeping; and,
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous order selecting experience in a fast paced, food warehouse environment is an asset;
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to complete responsibilities and consistently meet production requirements;
- Must possess strong attention to detail and be able to follow instructions accurately;
- Able to complete physically demanding tasks;
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with a forklift, high stacker, order picker, and electric pallet jack preferred. Must have willingness to train to receive appropriate certification for required use of powered equipment; and,
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Services Centre, 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg MB
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.