The Dental Assistant aids the Dentist by providing assistance, as directed by dental protocol.
· Ensures quality of care by preparing treatment area for patient; cleans, sterilizes and sets up treatment area, and pulls patients chart.
· Prepares patient for treatment by reviewing medical chart, greeting, seating, draping, taking blood pressure, as necessary, and providing information.
· Assures efficiency of dentist by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning and passing instruments.
· Assures readiness of materials by selecting, mixing bases/impression materials, and placing materials for use.
· Takes and develops patient’s x-rays, as requested by Dentist and per regulatory and department protocol and procedures.
· Mounts and files dental x-rays per department procedures.
· Maintains patient confidence by counseling patient on dental health, requesting consent for extractions/treatment, giving post-op instructions, and scheduling follow-up appointment.
· Protects patients and co-workers by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
· Maintains and monitors equipment for department operations, assuring that autoclave is monitored by using spore testing.
· Assures adequate stock is on hand by inventorying and ordering supplies as necessary.
· Ensures operation of dental equipment by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage.
· Maintains x-ray equipment and ensure operation by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage
· Assures treatment areas are adequately stocked and ready for use
· Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of state and federal regulations where applicable
· Knowledge of infection control protocols and procedures
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or equivalency
· X-Ray Certification required
· Coronal Polishing certification preferred
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.