Staff Pharmacists (Relief Assignments)
“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring Relief Staff Pharmacists for their Northern and NorthMart stores for relief assignments, no relocation required. Bring your community-focused care and pharmaceutical skills to NWC. In your role as a Relief Staff Pharmacist, you provide excellent patient-centred outcome-focused care.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive hourly rate and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You will receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, ability to bank what you earn, and more!
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Comply with Provincial Pharmaceutical Regulations to ensure adherence to Provincial Practice Standards and Guidelines within pharmacy and maintain Patient Confidentiality.
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently, and safely and comply with NIHB Claims Submission;
- Provide Patient Care Services and ensure excellence in customer service;
- Document and advise patients on the usage, administration, and effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications;
- Maintain medication profiles on patients, and ensure proper storage of medications;
- Formulate and compound extemporaneous pharmaceutical mixtures;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with healthcare professionals and community agencies; and
- Prepare reports and assist in the supervision of performance of pharmacy staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy;
- Licensed by relevant Provincial College of Pharmacists;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Maintain Continuing Education Requirement for Provincial licensure;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Possess effective communication skills to counsel, educate, and instruct patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals;
- Experience with Pharmacy Software Programs, experience with Kroll is an asset;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better; and
- Effective leadership with excellent people skills, and a great ability to build trust and relationships
Reports to: Pharmacist Manager
A competitive hourly rate is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.