The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the work of a multi state title services operation. This person must be able to handle a real estate closing, specifically the title curative piece of the transaction, and have knowledge of the process from contract to post-closing. The candidate must be strong with working in a paperless environment and experience with closing software. This individual will assist in strategic planning efforts, which impacts continued growth, revenue, and profitability.
- Title Experience – Must have experience (minimum 5 years) managing large teams of multi-state title insurance professionals. Must have experience interacting with title insurance underwriters and insurance regulators. Must have experience dealing with escrow accounts, reconciliations, and audits. Must be knowledgeable with the issuance of title insurance policies and endorsements, and associated underwriting regulations. Must have familiarity with title insurance rate schedules and rules and regulations pertaining to the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Communication – Speaks effectively in individual or group situations. Ability to build positive working relationships, interact effectively and proactively with individuals at all levels in the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Business/Interpersonal Skills – Ability and willingness to make timely decisions exercising sound and accurate business judgment. Strong negotiation skills, exhibit high energy, self-motivation and initiative in timely completion of defined goals and activities, and ability to build quality customer and client relationships.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely, objective and confidential manner. Analyzes problems and information skillfully; uses logic and good judgment to reach solutions.
- Quality management—Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and quality.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Technical Skills – Must have demonstrated advanced level PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Resware (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, or a related field from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience using Resware, DataTrace/DataTree, TitlePoint, Resware and related software preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of title operation management experience in related work which includes management, real estate transaction and title insurance experience.
- Experience acting as the decision-maker on all facets of title operations.
Compensation & Benefits
Employees are offered comprehensive suite of benefits that include a generous Paid Time Off plan, Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life Insurance. Compensation will commensurate with experience.