Status: Part-Time Permanent
As the Contact Centre Representative, at The North West Company (NWC) in our Winnipeg Customer Contact Centre, you’re a trusted front-line expert empowered to provide information and solutions to existing and potential customers regarding WE Financials’ full range of products and services.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provide efficient and effective service to customers on all Financial Services products and service on a variety of inquiries and customer needs;
- Maintain sincere interest in customer satisfaction while delivering superior customer service. Provide customers with product and service information, research requested information using available resources, and follow up customer calls when necessary;
- Support credit programs by reviewing accounts, processing customer applications, preparing account reconciliations, and granting credit. Process transactions while ensuring the highest standard of customer confidentiality and adhering to strict credit card processing requirements;
- Support prepaid card programs by providing customer validations, resolving inquiries, and reviewing online reporting tools. Adhere to the Government regulations relating to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Anti Money Laundering (AML), and Know Your Customer (KYC);
- During tax season, answer store and customer inquiries on the status of tax returns. Be prepared to multi-task and regularly switch between various communication streams; and
- Perform other support activities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of customer care/call center experience;
- Ability to speak French is preferred and is an advantage;
- Post-secondary education or work experience in Finance or Accounting is preferred;
- Must have computer literacy, strong keyboarding and Internet navigation skills in a Windows based environment with an emphasis on Excel and Word;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks;
- Detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy for a high volume of work that is time sensitive;
- Must work well independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with and provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers; and
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Manager, Operations & Administration
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.