- Work closely with senior team member and partners in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives and in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Managing a vast array of clients and overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries.
- Communicate and liaise with tax authorities and clients with matters concerning tax audits, appeals and tax positions.
- Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns along with other tax information forms and also preparing various tax election forms.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Develop and implement tax strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities and documenting these tax strategies in memos or client letters.
- Managing tax compliance and consulting engagements and advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable.
- Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with clients, researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
- Contribute to client satisfaction by developing strong client relationships and providing them with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- 5+ years of recent work experience in public accounting
- 5+ years of experience in tax consulting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Program
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance
- Ability to manage a team, delegate work and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage clients to describe and market the firms' services and deliver high-quality deliverables
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, JazzIt, and Quickbooks