Regional Manager - OEM F&I Ancillary Division
Job Title: Regional Manager, Finance & Insurance
Reports to: EVP of OEM Finance & Insurance
Territory: Responsible for Great Lakes Region - Ideal Candidates may reside in OHIO, Indiana, Michigan near Major airports
EEO Classification: Sales Workers ADAAA Classification: Light
The Regional Managers (“RM’s”) have a goal to achieve regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems, and implementing change. RM’s are responsible for maintaining and expanding the customer base by counseling district sales representatives, building and maintaining rapport with key customers, and identifying new customer opportunities. RM’s assist IDM’s to promote the value and sale of F&I Contracts. This team member is a key link between sales operations, credit operations, and senior leadership.
- The RM performs a variety of essential duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing with IDM’s a strategic approach focused on the opportunity for growth while conducting comprehensive analysis of dealership operations and sales processes.
- Providing guidance to IDM’s through ongoing performance evaluation, coaching, and training.
- Assisting IDM’s in developing a strategic approach to managing and growing volume within each assigned territory.
- Monitoring key performance indicators for each IDM to measure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Making joint sales calls with IDM’s to support key relationships or enhance the opportunity for new business.
- Forecasting – prepare an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Establishing sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- iProfit Selling System – Dealership Profitability Analysis
- Business Plans
- Dealer Forecasts
- Grade-A-Deal Compliance & Baseline Generation
- iProfit - Profit Improvement Worksheet
- Review the sales process to improve the effective presentation of products.
- Provide training where required for the development of product knowledge and improvement in sales skills.
- From time to time provide market feedback as requested regarding the market, product acceptance, dealer problems, and complaints, competitive information, etc.
- Maintaining open communication with business units and personnel as well as management. Continue to develop and drive culture, including core values
- Continuing to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities to foster upward career growth
- Communicating and upholding the Company’s commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team
- All Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Abilities:
Must be professional in appearance, approach, and demeanor. Must have experience in managing your own time effectively and communicating effectively on an ongoing basis. Education/Experience:
Bachelor's or Associate’s degree from College or University; or 10-15myearsof auto dealership experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior sales experience needed. Knowledge of the automotive business as a General Manager, F&I Director, Service Director or Fixed Operations Manager advantageous.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and professional e-mails. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have good organizational skills and be a self-starter with a good work ethic.
- Mathematical Ability:
- Must have fundamental financial knowledge and ability to make effective analysis and comparisons of competing plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software. Additional experience in a CRM tool is helpful.
Certificates and Licenses: AFIP Certification-Preferred
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Requires ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Requires ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis
- Requires ability to drive and must have a valid driver’s license
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Requires ability to regularly talk or hear
- Requires ability to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
Classification & Compensation:
- The position is full-time, salaried and exempt (from FLSA overtime requirements)
- The salary range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service
with the Company
- The position is eligible for the Performance and Company bonus programs
The Regional Managers' primary focus is to develop, implement, and expand, District sales initiatives and relationships with each business partner. Increasing presence and support for Vehicle Service Contracts, Prepaid Maintenance, GAP, and other vehicle protection products, to exceed annual sales objectives.
Attain goals within the assigned sales District in the following areas:
- Dealer conversion to the OEM-branded Finance and Insurance (F&I) program, including (75% of Time)
Dealer enrollment and activation through consultative sales and aligned deal structures
- Planning and implementation for Dealer income development
- Dealer F&I office training and support F&I Development: (20% of Time)
- Vehicle Service Contracts
- Prepaid Maintenance
- CPO Wrap
- Excess Wear and Tear
- GAP / Guaranteed Auto protection
- All other ancillaries/F&I related products ie: Tire & Wheel, Dent/Dingshield, Windshield Protection, Appearance protection, etc.
- Become a Trusted Advisor; the primary contact for Dealers in the District to handle all F&I related challenges. Assist with the development and training of DM level associates. (20% of Time)
- Develop and execute the District’s sales action plan in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager (RGM), Insurance, including prioritizing dealer contact activity within the district (5% of Time)
- Personal development – seek opportunities for professional growth and increased knowledge in F&I product and service delivery and perform other duties as assigned (5% of Time)
- First-hand experience in F&I and presenting the F&I product menu to retail clients a MUST. You will be training/demonstrating proven techniques.
- Outstanding field sales and Dealer support skills, with a proven record in delivering sales objectives to meet or exceed the set targets.
- Broad knowledge of Extended Warranty and F&I program design and products; experience in implementing Dealer income development strategies
- Ability to analyze difficult situations, respond quickly and logically to resolve issues; success in gaining cooperation and commitment from business partners, peers, and others
- Capacity to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, at all levels
- Comprehensive working aptitude for computers, ever-increasing skill set.
- 6-8 years automotive retail management (F&I, Sales Mgr, GSM or GM) as well as proven dealer Extended Warranty and/or F&I field sales representative experience essential.
- 3+ years of proven territory management and account acquisition activities (May include 2+ years B2B outside territory sales/management or business development)
- Minimum 1-year automotive-related regional territory management with direct reports and account acquisition activities
- Extensive menu selling knowledge/experience
- Proficient in selling current F&I product suite portfolio
- Proven history of account acquisitions through execution of established dealer conversion methods
- Experienced in sustainable account development
- Experience in “hands-on” development training of dealership personnel
- Experienced in "train the trainer" in-store development
- 3rd Party F&I Product vendor experience preferred
- Adept Dealer conversion, income development, product knowledge, comprehension, and skillsets required
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience preferred
- As a Dealer Consultant, you must carry yourself Professionally. Persona and Attire.
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment. Extensive local travel involved. Clean driving record and background required.
The list of essential job functions, duties, responsibilities, knowledge & skills, minimum requirements, and working conditions is not intended as a comprehensive list. With management’s discretion, employees may be asked to perform additional duties that are position-specific. Management reserves the right to modify the job description to respond and meet departmental and/or business needs
Click here to apply online