“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Pharmacy Clerk for the Muskehki store in Winnipeg, MB. In your role as the Pharmacy Clerk, you will be a valued member of a collaborative healthcare team, working to improve the health status of patients living in remote communities in Northern Manitoba. You will provide excellence in customer service working in a pharmacy where patient-centered outcome-focused care is delivered according to the objectives, policies and standards set out by NWC.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive hourly wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act;
- Maintain filing system for the pharmacy;
- Responsible for faxing, filing, photocopying, sorting and distribution of mail;
- Receive pharmaceutical supplies/merchandise for pharmacy re-stocking, including loading and unloading deliveries as required;
- Process pharmaceutical shipments to communities;
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Physical delivery of scripts between pharmacy and distribution center when required.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is required (Mileage reimbursed); and
- Perform other accountabilities as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated customer service experience;
- Work quickly and efficiently to complete responsibilities, and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented while maintaining a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks, and stand for long periods of time;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Previous experience providing pharmacy support is an asset;
- Previous shipping and receiving and / or administrative experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of computers required, experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset; and
- A valid drivers’ license is considered an asset.
Location: 910 Wall Street – Central Fill Pharmacy, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Muskehki Operations Manager
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.