“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Staff Pharmacist for the Muskehki store in Winnipeg, MB. In your role as the Staff Pharmacist, you will be a valued member of a collaborative healthcare team, working to improve the health status of patients living in remote communities in Northern Manitoba. Your enhanced scope of practice will contribute to making a difference in the lives and the health of the people you serve. Your practice will be patient focused and consultative with a mission to be the trusted provider of Healthcare solutions.
The Pharmacy hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm. It is expected that you will provide services to Muskehki Pharmacy for 7.5 hours per day (or 37.5 hours per week). Should there be an identified need to work additional hours, either more than 8 hours per day, or 40 hours per week, prior approval must be granted by Operations Manager. You will provide excellence in patient-centered outcome-focused care according to the objectives, policies and standards set out by Muskehki.
You have the opportunity to travel to communities where NWC operates pharmacies in MB, NU and NWT to provide relief coverage if needed. Financial assistance for licensing and reimbursement annually to hold the NU, NWT and MB licenses.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive hourly wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Comply with the Provincial Pharmaceutical Regulations, ensuring adherence to Provincial Practice Standards and Guidelines within pharmacy;
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently, and safely and comply with NIHB Claims Submission;
- Provide Patient Care Services while maintaining an excellent standard in customer service;
- Prepare reports and assist in the supervision of performance of pharmacy staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other healthcare professionals and community access workers;
- Provide medication information to all health professionals and consult with healthcare team on various therapies;
- Work effectively and with full commitment on agreed upon tasks; and,
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy;
- Licensed by the Manitoba Provincial College of Pharmacists;
- Maintain Continuing Education Requirements for Provincial licensure;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Possess effective communication skills to counsel, educate and instruct patients; staff and other healthcare professionals;
- Experience with Pharmacy software programs (Kroll an asset);
- Additional Certifications/Accreditations in professional disease management an asset;
- Previous management experience preferred;
- Experience processing third party benefits – NIHB - is an asset; and,
- Working in an environment with a high prescription volume, blister packaging and with a patient population, whose demographic has a high incidence of diabetes will be considered.
Location: 910 Wall Street – Central Fill Pharmacy, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Muskehki Operations Manager
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.