|Marcum LLP provides outsourced controllership services to emerging companies, and we're in search for a highly motivated experienced Senior who is eager to make a difference in our client's businesses. In this position, you'll provide part-time Controller services to a variety of clients simultaneously. Being a key tem member at several different clients will provide you with broad exposure to different businesses, management styles, and best practices.
We are seeking an experienced Senior to join our growing and well-established national firm in our New Haven, CT office. This position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on a new challenges and responsibilities. Our growing outsourced controllership services practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.Job Description
- Develop relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Participate in the development of and support the Client’s strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of Clients
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Prepare relevant work papers and bank reconciliations
- Prepare state and local sales tax and payroll tax returns
- Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statements and note disclosure
- Research tax and GAAP issues and topics
- Regional and local travel to client locations and training courses
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- A demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting and 2+ years in private industry (Accounting Mgr., Asst. Controller, Controller) preferred.
- Small to mid-sized company background is preferred; additional large company exposure a plus
- Knowledge/experience with Quickbooks, Xero, Sage, bill.com and receipts.com a plus.