Disability Management Consultant
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!! We are currently recruiting for a number of Human Resources Professionals for various positions with the City! This Disability Management Consultant position is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall HR skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Disability Management Consultants (DMC’s) at the City are challenged to effectively manage Short Term, Long Term and WCB Disability files.
- DMC’s adjudicate Short Term Disability Benefit Claims ensuring employees receive appropriate sick benefits while controlling the related financials.
- Effective case management tools include development and implementation of return to work plans, taking the driving role in the Duty to Accommodate process to prevent lost time from work, utilizing medical assessments when appropriate and implementing current best practices in the field.
- The DMC is key in ensuring compliance with Human Rights Legislation relating to discrimination and disability.
- In addition, the DMC is responsible to protect and manage confidential information on behalf of our employees.
Your strengths include:
- University Degree in Social Sciences/Health Related discipline is desired, OR a College Diploma and Disability Management course work.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in Disability Case Management.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to critically use information pertaining to medical conditions, available treatments, duration guidelines and resulting work restrictions.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to interpret, Corporate Policy and Procedures (e.g., Duty to Accommodate Framework and Process, City of Edmonton Working Relationship Agreement),
- Collective Agreements, Provincial and Federal Legislation (e.g. Human Rights, Workers Compensation Act, and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act). Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal
communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work independently with strong emphasis on accountability and professional expertise.
- Experience working within a multi-unionized environment.
- Experience dealing with addictions and/or mental health issues is an asset.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills (Google Apps/Gmail).
- Experience with Medgate is an asset.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume, in word format directly to Hilary Haskins.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!