Senior Advisor, Financial Reporting
Our publicly traded Energy Services client is searching for a Senior Advisor, Financial Reporting with progressive technical accounting and IFRS financial reporting experience to join their team!
The candidate will be responsible for handling complex accounting and reporting processes. The role will also perform technical accounting research and engage with finance, operations, and senior management to gather information to support accounting memos and position papers.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Prepare complex accounting journal entries to support complex technical accounting treatment of hedges, leases, stock-based compensation, and onerous contracts
- Be key contact on technical accounting matters, including training and mentoring others
- Review and post journal entries for junior staff members
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement process improvements
- Ability to draft technical accounting memos and position papers to management
- Respond to both internal and external audit requests
Your strengths include:
- 5+ years' relevant public company financial reporting experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA), with audit training
- Experience with enterprise financial systems (SAP, Oracle, Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics AX 365)
- Strong communication skills and confidence to engage with business stakeholder groups
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Recruitment Partners or email Colin Grandysh, CPA, CA for more information.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!