Location: Home-based, This position will cover the East Coast Area in US.
Salary: over $70K/year, exempt plus incentive
Business Triup: Yes (25%-50%)
The Sales Manager will be responsible in the implementation and execution of Sales strategies initiatives of the organization and build up the great relationship with distributors.
Duties of Position Responsibilities
– Department specific (50% of annual business contribution/evaluation weight)
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for assigned region while managing sales budget and expenses.
• Develop and drive Joint Business Plan (JBP) with key customers.
• Collaborates with Sales Director and/or multi-functional working team in the monitoring and analyzing of the performance of sales and each respective region.
• Work in tandem with Sales Director in implementation of various sales strategies.
• Ensure the implementation for all sales directives effectively.
• Responsible on sales performance in the respective region to ensure profitability and develop any contingency plans when sales goals are not being met.
• Manage all major and critical developing client accounts and assist in the management within assigned region.
• Monitors trends and behavior of competing products in the market of assigned region.
• Represents the company at various business partner related meetings and promotions (as well as in trade shows) in efforts to continually promote the company.
• Conducts, oversees, and helps develop customer presentations as needed. • Maintains positive relations with all customers, partners, vendors and distributors and address any concerns brought about in a timely manner.
– Organization building (50% of annual business contribution/evaluation weight)
1. Develop and align the development plan together with Sales Director prior.
2. Support Sales Director/VP Sales on organization improvement/strengthening projects
3. Work closely with all departments to build a productive, effective, and collaborative relationships to maximize the entire group’s value (not focusing on its own function/entity)
4. Propose the growth and improvement opportunities to the entire sales team, that may create breakthrough additional value to the entire organization
KSAs Knowledge of:
• Joint Business Planning (JBP) & Consumer/customer value creation
• Strategic planning and execution
• Category management/Data based selling
• Sale/customer related contracts
• Change Management
• Marketing strategies used in advertising campaigns.
• Proactively, innovatively, and strategically creates consumer/customer value via JBP
• Management level of professional English and Japanese communication skills, both in verbal and written
• Communicates (verbally, and written) in both external (customer/buyer) and internal (strategic) languages.
• Negotiation/Customer penetration
• Identify and resolve conflicts in a timely manner, through an excellent customer understanding and relationship.
• Strong commitment to meet/exceed the goal figures within the approved expense budget
• Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures which are beneficial to the Sales function
• Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Work within established organizational policies and regulations.
• Work safely without endangering self or others.
• Travel periodically to meet with clients and attend trade shows.
Supervisory Responsibilities Supervises and completes performance reviews for the following employees:
• Assistant Sales Manager • Sales Assistant
Working Conditions Office environment; utilization of standard work equipment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs. At times, employee will be subject to extended sitting and or standing.
Education/Training & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
• Ten (10) years + of proven and relevant work experience with at least Five (5) years in a managerial role, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
• Proficient with MS Office.