Employee Benefits Account Manager
Our client is a privately held insurance agency headquartered in the heart of Fairfax County. As an all-lines insurance broker, they have been serving domestic and international communities with success since 1970.
They offer a wide range of insurance products and risk management services, including Embassies & Diplomatic Missions, Commercial, Life and Disability, Employee Benefits and Private Clients.
As the recipients of the GOLD Stevie Award for Best in Customer Service, their standards for providing the best customer experience are extremely high.
Looking to take your account management career in Group Benefits to the next level with a global insurance player based in Northern Virginia?
This opportunity offers:
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and international company culture
- Work/Life Balance: 100% Remote Option
- Significant opportunity for professional growth
- Work 100% Remotely
- Young and Energetic Corporate Culture
- Jump on the train - the Benefits Department has tripled since 2019
- Manage operations for an assigned book of client accounts.
- Work directly with the Renewal Account Manager to provide post-renewal client management.
- Act as the primary backup to the Service Advocates and team.
- Maintain carrier and vendor systems related to access, issues and reporting.
- Maintain and manage EDI functions between client and carrier vendors.
- Manage agency management system for client information, plans and documents.
- Review and report on discrepancies with systems and eligibility.
- Manage client service calls.
- Educate, train and mentor service team members and delegate tasks.
- Handle escalated client eligibility, billing and claim requests.
- Assist with client projects such as audits and benchmarking.
- Attend client meetings both in person and virtual as needed.
- Maintain high retention of existing clients and client satisfaction.
- Proper documentation of agency management system.
- Attend internal and external industry related educational meetings and programs.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally as needed.
- Project management skills, follow through.
- Attention to detail, organized, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually assigned tasks.
- Professional, poised and courteous.
- Assertive, motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
- Patient, empathetic and diplomatic.
- Reliable, committed and a team player.
- Life & Health Insurance license preferred.
- A minimum of three years of solid employee benefits service experience.
- Experience with agency management systems, vendor and carrier systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.