Click here to view Appy Online
Our client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS (www.getROSS.com) to help them recruit a Senior Software Engineer or Hands on Technical Lead. They're located in North Toronto (GTA)
Works in a collaborative environment, part of a cross-functional teams, to design and develop scalable, high-quality and high-performance applications on .NET platform
· Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
· Analyzes customer needs and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions using sound architecture and design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
· Follows established practices of agile methodologies, i.e. test-driven development, that will ensure high quality software
· Initiates/facilitates design/architectural discussions, provides estimates, prepares design and architecture reviews
· Implements software modules and unit tests and conducts appropriate module testing
· Mentors less senior team members, and produces peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
· Highly committed to on-time delivery and high quality
· Detects, reports, investigates, and fixes product defects
· Evaluates new software development technologies, tools and practices. Recommend adoption of new tools.
Works collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the development teams
Agile / Team Lead Responsibilities:
· Motivate the development team and drive it to successful completion of the project objectives
· Provide technical leadership and coordination between software developers
· Ensure adherence of team members to agile software development processes
· Facilitate estimation and planning for the software development tasks
· Provide technical and schedule reports and act on resolving deviations from quality and schedule targets
· Lead small-medium software teams to ensure their optimum performance and adherence to agile software development processes
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or equivalent work experience
· 10+ years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with at least 5 years of experience in C#/.NET.
· · Experience with .NET technologies such as Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a must
· Solid knowledge of .NET 4.0/4.5/4.5.1 Platforms, design patterns, Visual Studio 2010/2013
· Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks.
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Proven technical leadership skills, must be a team player with strong collaboration skills.
· Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel
· Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development
· Experience with developing software for life sciences or medical device products.
· Experience working in regulated environments.
· Experience with C++ or other OO languages
· SQLite, NUnit , FIT, Infragistics UltraWinGrid, Xceed WPF grid
· COM Interop
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a $1,000 referral fee.
Click http://www.getROSS.com/referral_fee.php for more details.
Click here to Apply Online