We are looking for a Director of Enterprise Master Data Management (MDM). This Director will be responsible for defining and executing the overall MDM roadmap, including MDM data architecture, data governance and communication, working with a large number of business and technical stakeholders. This role is critical to the success of our digital transformation across our global enterprise.
The Director must have the capability to build a MDM Strategy and the team to support this function. This person will put together the strategy while working to support our transformation projects.
The job holder must be capable of working independently on complex global projects requiring a thorough understanding of business data issues affecting the global organization. Contact and Communication with management will be on an as needed basis or during scheduled meetings. The individual is accountable for employees located abroad and will be required to travel. The tasks are a mixture of complex and simple. Some problems and projects will require more thought, investigation and time to complete. To be effective they must possess a balanced blend of business and technical knowledge and be capable of effective communications in both business and technical languages.
- Design multi-year MDM roadmap and owns the execution.
- Supports key transformation programs (Digital Supply Chain, Digital Product Lifecycle, Mergers & Acquisitions) for MDM, data alignment, data migration and data quality.
- Defines, implements and supports data governance strategy.
- Develops and enhances relationships with senior stakeholders, actively managing their expectations
- Creates and maintains Data Dictionary: Align definitions across business stakeholders, is application owner of metadata dictionary.
- Defines quality metrics/KPI and implements master data quality dashboards.
- Coordinates with the Global Process Team, IT & data stewardship teams to harmonize and simplify business processes.
- Establishes a continuous improvement process to drive clarity in data ownership and to systematically improve data quality.
- Propose areas for automation and better data processing.
- Manages master data compliance (GxP, GDPR, ITAR)
- Manages Data Management team.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or another quantitative degree or Associate Degree with at least 7 years in an IT related field
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in MDM with large scale data and project management
- 3+ years managing data management professionals
- Proven experience translating business problems into actionable MDM initiatives
- Strong business and technical background in master data governance practices
- Demonstrated skills in communication and change management
- Ability to manage and develop cooperative and constructive relationships across business and functional area
- Leader and self-starter Management role that requires good interpersonal skills, supervisory skills and a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to direct people and resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Calm demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations.
- Good organizational and project planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with different teams within the organization to achieve common goals and respond positively to situations
- Previous experience working on teams or leading project teams consisting of business and IT resources
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in MDM with large scale data and project management.
- 5+ years managing data management professionals
- Experience working with SAP, including MDG and Information Steward Master’s Degree preferably
- Deep understanding of current advanced data management and governance technologies & trends.
- Tibco EBX experience is a plus
- Proven project management skills that demonstrate the ability to complete assignments in a systematic and timely basis
Skills and Abilities:
- Structured thinker with ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex ideas
- Strategic mindset with proven ability to frame multi-faceted decisions and alternatives
- Experience with key business levers including pricing and product portfolio optimization
- Capable of participating in and leading discussions with senior-level management
- Able to synthesize complex analyses into meaningful, actionable insights for executive-level audiences
- Project management experience and the ability to lead projects with limited guidance
- Able to build relationships with team members, internal customers, and external parties
- Understanding of finance and accounting fundamentals
- Effective verbal and written communication skills