Do you have the ability to adapt to different cultures and different work environment? You’re an effective listener with the skills to build a strong team and that’s why you make a great candidate for our roles as Store Manager with The North West Company (NWCI).
In your role as the Store Manager at Cost-U-Less (CUL), you direct all activities at store level, ensuring performance targets are achieved and priorities are fully aligned with The North West Company International (NWCI) and CUL strategies.
Joining CUL gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
CUL opened its first retail warehouse store in 1989, on the Hawaiian island of Maui. In 1992, CUL initiated its expansion by opening stores in relatively remote island locations, the first of which was in Dededo, Guam. Today, CUL operates warehouse club-style stores in the United States Territories, the Hawaiian Islands, foreign island countries in the Pacific and the Caribbean and Sonora, California. Our primary strategy is to operate in island markets, offering predominately U.S. branded goods. Learn more about CUL here: costuless.com
- Provide supervision and overall leadership to the store;
- Communicate, implement, and support all direction from corporate office, regional manager, and field support personnel;
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective monthly operational plans that are aligned with the regional programs and objectives (NWCI), including financial and fiscal responsibilities;
- Provide effective and timely communication to the operational staff and to the Regional/Corporate office;
- Provide operational and merchandising training to operational staff following programs and techniques;
- Coordinate activities which require inter-departmental input with the appropriate person or department, such as procurement, maintenance, advertising, and human resources
- Merchandising to train store personnel in the area of product familiarity, proper adjacencies, merchandising standards, housekeeping, and signing to achieve sales and profit targets;
- Required to travel between various locations throughout the South Pacific;
- Identify and lead staff development for Manager and junior staff; and
- Develop individualized training programs to achieve staff’s full capabilities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prefer college degree, but must have a minimum 12th grade education;
- 5 years of experience in managing retail large store or big box preferred;
- Desire to travel to various locations;
- Familiarity with US product mix and good business acumen;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and you’re able to multi-task;
- Effective problem-solving capabilities and computer skills in Excel, Word, and Windows;
- You’re happy to take on responsibility as a good team leader and remain calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to set your own priorities and those of your subordinates;
- You build effective teams and you’re an effective listener; and
- You’re customer driven and you have the ability to adapt to different cultures and work environments.
Location: Suva, Fiji
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.