Junior Site Superintendent(Assistant)
- Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or trade labor. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
- Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations.
- Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work In Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years’ related experience training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in EH&S applications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.