The Corporate Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and overseeing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. The Corporate Controller will report directly to the CFO and interface with other senior management team members.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position, while ensuring the integrity of all financial information.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the budgeting, cost control and system implementation processes.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Evaluates current accounting practices and policies and drives continuous improvement
- Coordinates monthly closing process
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Responsible for coordination of the annual financial statement audit
- Responsible for coordination with outside tax accountants for the timely completion of tax returns and quarterly estimated taxes
- Responsible for the maintenance of accurate inventory costing system
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting is required
- Manufacturing experience and a strong understanding of inventory is required
- 7+ years of equivalent business experience
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
*Salary plus yearly bonus potential of up to 10%
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA and public accounting experience
- Is resourceful and comfortable in a hands-on role with limited resources.
- Is comfortable interacting with customers, business advisors, board members, and employees across all levels of the organization
Must Haves: Manufacturing industry experience, Cost Accounting ( Cost Analysis/Understanding), Product Pricing , Adv MS Excel including V/H Look ups, Pivot Tables