Our client seeks an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect that will design, build and manage Cloud solutions that support business intelligence functions with the organization. The data will be coming from SAP and non SAP environments and will be fed into data lakes. This is a brand new group for the business and this person will be responsible for designing and building the infrastructure as well as initially managing it until a DevOps team is constructed.
- Work closely with business users to understand and define system requirements and then make recommendations on solutions to fit the business need.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that the proposed solution fulfills the business need.
- Works as a team member within IT to develop and implement defined solutions. May need to identify needed resources (internal and/or external) to complete the solution. Then communicates and coordinates these resources for successful implementation.
- Architect, design and build data lake environments
- Experience building AWS Cloud infrastructure environments from scratch, not just as a proof of concept.
- 2+ years experience with the AWS technology stack.
- Hands-on experience building a data lake using AWS infrastructure.
- Responsible for design, scalability, automation, security and performance of a highly-available, real-time cloud environment with large volumes of data and growing by 1TB per month on average. This includes:
- Auto scaling
- Capacity planning and monitoring of cloud storage
- Load balancing and clustering
- Virtual Private Cloud Security
- Implement best practices, train other team members and investigate new technologies to meet performance requirements
- Proven ability to build a scalable, secure, highly-available, cloud environment
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services and hands-on experience in AWS provisioning.
- Experience with cloud environments and experience with competency in AWS infrastructure, S3, EC2, EMR, Kubernetes, Docker, and Git
- 8+ years of experience in development of network and system management solutions
- Experience with deployment automation - CI/CD pipelines
- Strong understanding of Cloud-based application deployment architectures
- Experience with Virtual Private Cloud security.
- Ability to help identify and implement best practices
- Experience with Jenkins or Maven, Git/version control, NoSQL databases (mongoDB)