Job Description – Administrative Assistant
Company Overview: This company is a leading middle-market private equity investment firm with a 30+ year history of investing in leading growth companies. The client focuses on investments in growing businesses where it can leverage its extensive experience in areas such as: consumer products and services; multi-location growth strategies, including specialty retail and restaurants; direct marketing, including direct mail and e-commerce; health and wellness; education; and business services. Since 1984, The company's dedicated private equity team has invested in over 50 portfolio companies with an aggregate transaction value of over $6 billion. With significant experience in both investing and brand building, the company is a value-added partner with entrepreneurs and senior management teams building world-class companies.
Position Description: The client is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to Executive Assistant team members and Executives. This role will provide daily detail-oriented administrative support and follow through with assistance in the coordination and execution of projects and events. Responsibilities will include calendaring, travel arrangements, data entry and processing expense reports, while handling internal and external correspondence with confidentiality and discretion. As part of the administrative team, the Administrative Assistant will provide front desk coverage and backup as needed, while proactively contributing in the overall oversight of the office and building maintenance requests.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy, confidentiality and good judgement in managing interactions with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Experience in setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates a proactive, positive and energetic approach in the completion of tasks
- Ability to prioritize, resourcefully solve problems and have impeccable multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced business environment with high standards of professionalism
- Primary backup support for front desk coverage
- Works in a team setting with the ability to easily transition and work independently
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience in a professional business environment
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive package based upon experience and educational background