Status: Regular Full Time – Fall 2022 (Sept-Dec 2022)
Our Information Services Division (ISD) is currently seeking a student to join our team as a Project Control Analyst Intern. This opportunity will give you applied experience that will provide you with a competitive edge; enhancing technical, problem solving, analytical, and project management skills in the Information Services field, while becoming familiar with The North West Company’s organization and processes.
Working under the direction and support of the IT Project Manager within the ISD, the Project Control Analyst Intern will be given the following opportunities:
- Maintain and track estimates at completion and prepare project planning schedules and forecasts; Implement planning, review, and control execution processes;
- Administer project management activities and support project path, plan and schedule; Assist in the preparation of project status and summary reports;
- Record and track project documentation including operational status reports, activities, deliverables; Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders on project status and milestones;
- Create documentation that governs project-operating procedures;
- Create, edit and update training materials;
- Provide support to the new point of sale applications testing and implementation;
- Support other day-to-day project work as required
The candidate should also possess a passion for challenging work, and be prepared to identify opportunities for continuous improvement. The role requires a high degree of analysis, initiative, and willingness to work through complex project/activity scenarios. Additional, the candidate:
- Shall be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Shall be able to work with large volumes of complex data with a high degree of accuracy;
- Shall possess a high level of technical writing acumen;
- Be able to identify best practices and bring new insights and ideas to the team;
- Shall demonstrate the ability to maintain confidential information;
- Will have prior office experience in an IT project management environment (considered an asset);
- Will have familiarity and basic working knowledge of MS Project (considered an asset).
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg MB R3C 1A3
Report To: Project Manager
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are present. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.