JOB TITLE: Commercial Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager, Sales Manager or as directed
Sells the Company's products and services primarily to the commercial, industrial, attorney and homebuilding community in order to maximize profitable market share in an assigned territory. Develops and maintains customers for the company by the extensive application of sales and service techniques.
- Previous experience in commercial real estate related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in direct sales preferred.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the commercial real estate business is required.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principals required.
- Proficient computer skills including operating common and/or specialized software related to title and escrow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skill in speaking effectively in front of individuals and groups.
- Ability to develop and follow through on an effective marketing plan.
- Ability to produce call sheets and be accountable for your marketing activities within the company’s approved software system.
- Exhibit strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Exhibit high moral and ethical standards.
- Possess basic good judgment.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Valid Drivers License in good standing in State assigned to work
- Required state licensing and certification.
- NAIOP, local commercial broker networks, the real estate section of the Colorado Bar and local or regional exchange councils.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains and increases the sales volume of assigned territory by selling the products and services of Company to professional customers, such as attorneys, bankers, savings and loan associations, savings banks, builders, developers, realtors, mortgage bankers, independent escrow companies, or other users of company services.
- Drives and makes daily calls to numerous customers or prospective customers for the company.
- Professionally presents Company's services in a manner to induce customers to utilize our company over our competitor's services.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of service to customers by maintaining communications with appropriate internal departments.
- Assists customers with particular needs such as expediting special orders, resolving discrepancies, and investigating and securing settlement of complaints. Keeps current accurate records of calls made, expenses incurred, and order volume.
- Continually assesses competitor actions within assigned territory. Is aware of new competitor practices if they arise and informs superior immediately of said practices, together with recommendations to counteract the competitor's strategies.
- Assists in developing sales forecasts, territory potentials, workload analysis, call programs and routes. Determines business climate of assigned territory by analyzing the number of title/escrow orders produced, the amount of orders each title company is receiving, and different customer and competitor activities that could affect sales volume or market share. Informs management of any business development opportunities as well as any problems that may have an adverse impact on company.
- Consistently reviews with management and technical staff the products, services, programs, sales aids and promotional items.
- Continually increases knowledge of sales skills, concepts, techniques, etc., and develops and improves sales presentations.
- Regularly promotes and maintains favorable customer relations for company by arranging and participating in the presentation of educational training programs for customer, their associations, or any other interested groups; entertaining customers at appropriate social events; providing plant tours and periodically speaking before professional, business or civic groups on a variety of title, escrow and related topics; attending meetings and serving on the committees of local trade associations and civic and professional groups.