Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Location: North Houston, Texas
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly
Shifts: Rotational Duty, 4 on 2 off schedule, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM with potential for 20 hours of overtime per week.
About the Company: Our company is a rapidly expanding manufacturing facility in the northern region of Houston. With a strong commitment to growth and efficiency, we have recently doubled our manufacturing capacity and are in the process of launching a new production line by 12/1. As we continue to scale our operations, we are seeking dedicated and skilled industrial electricians to join our maintenance team.
Job Description: We are seeking Industrial Maintenance Electricians who are experienced in working with 480 volts, low voltage controls, and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). The ideal candidate will have substantial 3-phase experience, akin to what one would have acquired as an Aegis technician.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Program PLCs and diagnose issues with industrial control systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on electrical machines and equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance plans and schedules with the production supervisor.
- Participate in the creation of preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Work with a team to ensure the smooth operation of a busy production line, aiming to maximize maintenance capability and efficiency.
- Assist in staffing and training of a new electro-mechanical team for the upcoming production line.
- Proven experience as an industrial electrician, particularly with low voltage controls and 3-phase systems.
- Familiarity with PLCs and industrial control systems.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to conduct preventive maintenance checks and amp readings.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including extended hours and rotational shifts.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with 50% match up to 5%
- Two weeks of vacation to start
- Opportunities for advancement; potential career track to Electrical Supervisor (upcoming retirement transition)
Career Development: Joining our team means stepping onto a path of continuous growth. We are currently in the early stages of developing a dedicated maintenance team, and you will have the opportunity to grow into roles that involve generating PM schedules and coordinating maintenance activities. This is an ideal position for someone aiming to progress towards a management role in the near future.
Click here to apply online