Fresh Start Careers, LLC is seeking a general construction superintendent for our client, a nationally recognized construction leader in development, innovation and sustainability. With a portfolio of 30+ properties and 4,000+ apartments valued in excess of $1.4B, our client is dedicated to providing and operating luxurious, best in class apartment buildings at an attainable price point. They are growing rapidly and looking to add a key member to their team!
Our client …
- Handles all business in-house through vertical integration, with expertise in leasing, construction and property management, development, general contracting, transactions, and financing.
- Has a successful track record of finding and exploiting unmet rental market niches that are in demand, and each of their completed projects has achieved a rent level far higher than what previously existed in its submarket.
- Serves completely unique and high-grade finish amenity packages while achieving a superior cost basis through in-house expertise and hands-on construction management.
- Innovatively positions and sells inventory as high-end consumer products and successfully achieves rent and lease-up paces that significantly outperform the metro market
- Personally oversees all general partner duties for their developed properties.
SUMMARY: The superintendent will oversee field operations and ensure that multiple construction projects are successfully completed on time and meet the established budget, schedule safety and performance requirements.
- Manage projects on-site in accordance with directives provided by the project manager
- Ensure that schedule, cost, safety, and quality objectives are met by: meeting or exceeding project schedule
- Ensure that adequate subcontractor manpower is on site to support the project
- Communicate with Subcontractors, Project Manager, Design Professionals and Owner to proactively identify/resolve schedule obstacles before they affect the project
- Effectively manage field general conditions (dumpsters, small tools, etc.)
- Accurately document all T&M ticket work on a daily basis and effectively communicate with PM to promptly issue change orders or resolve contract disputes
- Enforce plan site management plan (laydown, housekeeping, etc.)
- Ensure proper housekeeping at minimal cost to company or Owner
- Participate in safety audits
- Ensure shutdown plans, lift plans, etc. are utilized per company guidelines
- Inspect work installation for adherence to plans and specifications
- Understand status of submittals
- Clarify constructability issues as needed
- Develop a positive relationship with customers that are consistent with project directives.
- Participate in monthly invoice approval process for subcontractors
- Fulfill daily project related tasks thoroughly and efficiently
- Identify / resolve all potential problems and/or discrepancies contained in contract documents
- Responsible for field coordination between trades AND owner or owner resources.
- Responsible for insuring the accuracy of surveys and layout.
- 8-10 years’ experience as a commercial GC/CM Superintendent
- Top level risk management experience – all areas
- Ability to effectively coordinate all divisions and trade contractors
- Adept at pre-planning, sequencing, site logistics, and pushing schedule
- LEED experience a plus
- Lump Sum experience a plus
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt