As Marketing Manager (Canada), at The North West Company (NWC), you facilitate Procurement and Marketing’s accountability in providing robust merchandising and promotional support to Northern, NorthMart, and Giant Tiger locations.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Create and refine winning marketing programs aligned with the competitive strategies and value offer of the Northern, NorthMart, and Giant Tiger banners;
- Develop performance targets and coordinate measurement and analysis with the Merchandise Performance team;
- Manage and support the flow of information for flyers to all process owners and stores;
- Maintain a work back schedule for all promotional vehicles;
- Maintain ad theme calendar and store participation for Northern and NorthMart locations;
- Create, change, and update templates for the category teams to plan and submit items;
- Oversee competitive and southern markets advertised pricing and promotional activity; analyze and establish action plans to improve banner performance;
- Coordinate flyer proofing to ensure standards and quality of flyers are maintained;
- Support the facilitation of banner flyer meetings forum and agenda;
- Analyze all promotional vehicles; provide insight and direction to improve company performance;
- Provide timely communication to Operations/Stores of relevant marketing and promotional programs;
- Coordinate Customer Insights/Loyalty research and reporting; provide insights and recommendations;
- Ensure consistent brand messaging with all materials;
- Challenge flyer submissions; ensure items are appropriate for themes, are seasonal and meet other business objectives; and
- Plan and facilitate Ad Planning Meetings; ensure appropriate information is provided.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related retail & marketing experience;
- Post-secondary education (University preferred) or a combination of education and training in a related field;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with a high attention to detail;
- Must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships within the organization;
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and assignments while adhering to strict timelines;
- Work exceptionally well independently, and able to foster collaboration across a diverse team;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; and
- Ability to work well and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Director of Marketing
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.