This company provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Their employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. The company culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
They are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. They are pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
They are seeking a Site/Civil Engineer/ Project Manager to join their collaborative team in their Cleveland, OH office. This individual will serve a key function in performing and coordinating the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects, and coaching, training, and overseeing staff. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an energetic, collaborative team of civil engineers, working on exciting and meaningful projects across many different market sectors. Our work includes projects in healthcare, higher education, distribution, K-12, commercial, office, retail, mixed-use, and more. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to grow your career with the company and develop your technical excellence, practical experience, and client responsiveness – the three elements that make up the company’s philosophy of service.
- Leads the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects. Coordinates and provides client communication;
- Coordinates and works with staff to prepare site work cost estimates, zoning analyses and determines the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Writes and reviews draft reports, including feasibility studies, stormwater management reports, technical specifications, and utility reports;
- Plans, schedules and develops task and project budgets. Prepares progress reports and draft change orders;
- Performs and manages multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitors budgets, schedules, and project timelines. Minimizes write-offs by keeping projects on budget; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required;
- Must possess a valid Professional Engineer license;
- Successful site/civil engineering experience with a concentration in the higher education and/or healthcare market a plus;
- Strong client development, client communication, client management abilities, and ability to develop new work;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Demonstrated ability effectively managing projects from concept through construction documents;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering;
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Expertise in stormwater management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design, and SWPPP preparation;
- Experienced in technical and proposal writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred);
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site or client locations;
- Participation in professional organizations;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and to mentor staff engineers.
This company is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. They provide a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
They provide flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!