Handyman - Warranty
St Catharines ON
St Catharines ON
- Responsible for completing various construction activities related to home touch-ups, correcting deficiencies and assisting carpenters with the focus on after service warranty repair work whether during construction and after homeowner possession
- Complete warranty service work which includes:
- Fix and eliminate warranted deficiency items as noted on Homeowner 30 day, 1st year, & 2nd year Warranty forms;
- Review service warranty lists with homeowners – explaining which item will be rectified immediately and why.
- Advise of process to assign work to trades at a later date.
- Obtaining homeowners signature on completed items.
- Respond and resolve Homeowner emergency calls such as roof or plumbing leaks;
- Preparing materials required to complete service work prior to visiting homeowners.
- Providing a list of required materials and supplies to direct supervisor on weekly basis.
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades.
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis.
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with homeowners
- Completion of High school education level or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Basic arithmetic skills, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
- Several years’ experience in residential/ commercial construction industry, or experience in the renovations / repairs business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Comfortable in the use of technology – smartphones, tablets or computers to record, review and communicate information related to deficiency lists.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to work at locations across the division.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a vehicle and provide own tools.