As a Salesforce.com Technical Lead, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team responsible for delivering transformative technology to enable our divisional customer service organization to better serve our customers.
The position of Salesforce.com Technical Lead is part of the Digital Technology Services (DTS) division of Information Technology. DTS is responsible for the planning, delivery, implementation, and ongoing support for IT Commercial, Digital, and Analytics applications.
- Review business requirements and assist in translating into features/user stories.
- Create and review functional and non-functional technical requirements to ensure the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business.
- Participate in technical design for solutions delivered on the Salesforce platform, collaborating with architects, third-party developers, and business/product owners as appropriate.
- Work with architect, developers, scrum master and business team to develop and review estimates for the technical solution, using both agile and waterfall techniques.
- Provide development for proof of concepts, new features, enhancements, and bug fixes from inception through production release and ongoing support.
- Provide expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of Salesforce.com.
- Ensure solutions address scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs.
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value.
- Ensure efficient and effective risk/compliance management practices by adhering to Abbott policies, standards, and processes.
- Ensure testing and documentation are created or updated in accordance with Abbott SLC standards.
- Effectively communicate and maintain productive relationships with business users, peers, and fellow development/product team members, including infrastructure architects and engineers, business analysts, information security practitioners, project managers, and senior management.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and environment that encourages cooperation, open communication, teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Technical leadership for support team focused on Salesforce end-user support for Salesforce users located globally.
- Provides guidance, direction and leadership to direct technical operations service provider staff.
- Lead management & resolution of major incidents that occur in the environment.
- Responsible for ensuring IT escalations are handled appropriately, including investigation, troubleshooting, reporting, resolution, root-cause analysis, and corrective action management.
- Participates in the implementation, testing, and simulation of Salesforce platform upgrades.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer engineering, Math, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience with Salesforce development – Service Cloud and Sales Cloud.
- 7+ years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- Field Service Lightning experience.
- Salesforce.com Certified Developer.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to evaluate and present alternatives that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Application Integration architecture, design, and development using common technologies and toolsets, e.g., SOAP and REST services.
- Full software life cycle management on the Salesforce.com platform– administer, configure, develop, deploy/test, deploy/verify.
- Data architecture and databases – data model/schema definitions, SQL, Procedural SQL, Triggers.
- Experience with mobile applications, particularly, the Luminix Salesforce.com mobile platform (AppExchange product).
- Experience with web development technologies and tool sets.
- Data loading and extraction using ETL tools such as Informatica.
- Identity and Access Management architecture and technologies – e.g., SAML, OAuth.
- Experience with administration of Salesforce.com Security Profiles & Roles, Sharing Settings, Public Groups, and User Administration.
- Experience with validated applications in Life Sciences industry.
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies like Kanban.
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) retirement savings with a very generous company match
- Generous PTO plan
- Pension eligible
- Training and career development including tuition assistance
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Some travel may be required